Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Waiting is the Hardest Part...

Well Noah is still not here. The doctors are still talking about inducing next week. We'll see. I'm not too sure that we are just going to go along with what they say. I want there to be a very good reason to induce. Everything that I've read and heard says that being induced makes for a more painful and difficult delivery. At first the main reason they gave is that they are afraid that he will be too big. However, his growth scan on the 13th had him at 7lbs 12oz, plus or minus a half a pound. Big, but not enormously big in my opinion. Definitely not a good enough reason to induce.

The good news is that all of this may be a moot point anyway. I have been having small contractions now for several days. Noah is also pretty far down into the pelvis. Hopefully Noah will come on his own any day now.

No comments: